Mark has spent twenty years helping business clients smoothly and profitably execute mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, minority investments, and other strategic transactions.
As Chair of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group, he has extensive experience assisting both privately and publicly held businesses operating in numerous industries, from life sciences and outsourcing to manufacturing and financial services, as they advance their corporate strategies. Mark’s clients include numerous Fortune 500 companies as well as private equity firms, family offices, and the portfolio companies of those investors.
Known for providing practical, actionable guidance, Mark has led hundreds of transactions, with an aggregate value of several billion dollars. These deals are generally “middle market” in size, involve privately held targets, and are often cross-border in nature. As a result of this international focus, Mark is also the firm’s representative to the TerraLex global legal network.
- Mark regularly assists the portfolio companies of leading global private equity firms in executing their acquisition-focused growth strategies in the U.S. In the past two years, he has assisted a global facilities service company owned by a leading European P.E. firm with more than a dozen acquisitions as it builds a U.S. market presence.
- Mark regularly represents a leading global business-process outsourcing company in acquisitions of businesses and technology assets in the U.S. He has handled over a dozen such transactions in the past decade.
- Mark often assists entrepreneurs in the sale of their companies, such as with the sale of a European development-stage life sciences company to Bristol-Myers Squibb in a transaction worth as much as $520 million.
Mark’s experience also includes advising emerging-growth and other closely held businesses on general corporate matters, and public companies on securities law compliance and corporate governance.
Mark joined the firm in 2002 after beginning his career at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison in New York City. Mark received his J.D. magna cum laude from Boston College Law School, where he served as an editor of the Boston College Law Review. He received his B.A. cum laude with distinction, in History from Yale University.
Mark has served on the boards of the Yale Alumni Fund, Connecticut Food Bank, Connecticut Ballet, Wilton Library Association, and Arts Council of Greater New Haven.
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 1997)
- magna cum laude
- Yale University (B.A., 1993)
- cum laude
- New York