- Was one of ten speakers invited to testify before the US Patent & Trademark Office at the May 2014 public forum on the Guidance for patent eligible subject matter.
- Designed, built, and managed a patent estate for a biotechnology company comprising a worldwide portfolio of several hundred patents.
- Was an integral member of the senior management team of a biotechnology company which raised over $250 million in venture financing, and which in-licensed and progressed a novel antibiotic into Phase 3 clinical trials.
- Led an interdepartmental company team that worked closely with its US Senator’s office on the passage of the 2012 Generating Antibiotic Incentives Now (GAIN) legislation, which provides important exclusivity and regulatory incentives for companies to develop new antibiotics for treating serious infections.
- Built the underlying patent estate for a new chemical class of drugs for a research collaboration with a major pharmaceutical company in the area of infectious disease.
- Had worldwide patent portfolio responsibility at a major pharmaceutical company for their billion-dollar bone biology franchise, where he implemented a comprehensive patent life cycle management strategy for the franchise’s flagship drug.
- Successfully completed an over-seas assignment at a major consumer products company where he provided legal counsel for the Asia-Pacific product managers and trained the newly-hired patent staff.
- As a product development manager at a major consumer products company led the reformulation of their sunscreen line, resulting in successful national expansion of the line.