Over the past several years, David has represented clients in a wide-variety of high-stakes matters. A sample includes
- Defending a privately owned global electronics manufacturer that was raided by federal agents for alleged violations of U.S. sanctions, ultimately obtaining a declination from the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), a no-penalty decision from the U.S. Department of Commerce, and quashing law enforcement's leak of sealed materials to the press.
- Defending a company in an criminal environmental matter brought by the DOJ and the Environmental Protection Agency, ultimately resolving the matter with no criminal charges against individuals or the operating company and with a criminal fine against a holding company that was no longer in operation.
- Representing a Fortune 100 insurance company by bringing suit against a chain of Texas medical providers who were alleged to be involved in fraudulent billing practices against the insurance company.
- Representing a Fortune 1000 company whose CEO and others were threatened with a civil Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) violation, which after David's involvement was never filed.
- Conducting an internal investigation involving alleged accounting fraud, for a Fortune 100 company.
- Serving as a U.S. State Department appointed monitor for a Washington state company that entered a consent agreement with the government due to deficiencies in its international trade compliance program.