Hospice in Skilled Nursing Facilities: Compliance and Contracting Challenges
The purpose of this information session is to address compliance issues and requirements for Hospice services provided in Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) and to highlight the special considerations involved in contracting between Hospices and SNFs. This is a unique opportunity to have both Hospice and SNF providers hear this information in an effort to insure consistence of information, compliance with regulations, and appropriate, high quality care are provided to hospice clients.
Maureen Weaver, Esq., Partner, Wiggin and Dana will be the guest presenter. Ms. Weaver advises hospitals, provider networks, long-term care providers, nursing homes, continuing care retirement communities, assisted living facilities, home health care agencies and other health care providers on regulatory, patient care, reimbursement, compliance, HIPAA and corporate matters. She chairs her firm's Health Care Department, is counsel to the Connecticut Association of Not-for-Profit Providers for the Aging (CANPFA)_ and is a member of the Legal Committee of the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (AAHSA).
Additional participants include:
- Donna Dow-Conklin, Director of Clinical Services, Masonicare Partners Home Health & Hospice
- Marie Roman, Supervisor of Counseling Services, Masonicare Partners Home Health & Hospice
- Melinda J. Schoen, Vice President for Nursing, Masonicare Health Center
Discussion to include:
- Update on the current health care enforcement climate
- Examples of specific compliance issues that can arise in every day operations
- Recommendations for managing and addressing compliance risks
- Review of the Hospice/SNF contract with emphasis on key terms that should be addressed, particularly in light of the new Medicaid hospice regulations
A panel discussion will follow the presentation with an opportunity for providers to ask questions.