HR Circle Series: New Year's Resolutions
This HR Circle program will discuss the key labor and employment law issues facing employers during 2014, with a focus on approaches to help your organization deal with these issues in a practical way.
The program will including the following:
- Adopting mandatory arbitration agreements that bar collective actions
- Improving accessibility of employer's website to individuals with disabilities
- Ensuring proper exempt/nonexempt and independent contractor/employee determinations are in place (specifically for purposes of the Affordable Care Act)
- Updating confidentiality and non-compete agreements to better protect intellectual property and human capital assets
- Key employer Affordable Care Act issues
- Changes to the Connecticut Personnel File Statute
As always, there will be time for questions and answers.
Labor and Employment attorney, Mary Gambardella, will address these areas and focus on what employers need to know to begin 2014 successfully. We encourage you to invite your human resources colleagues and contacts, as well as any in-house legal staff.