US Defense Trade Controls Under State and Commerce
Wiggin and Dana Partner Tahlia Townsend will speak about Benefits, Risks and Consequences of Self-Disclosure under Commerce and State: When does it Make Sense for Mitigating Potential Damages? during the US Defense Trade Controls Under State and Commerce conference.
Tahlia will be joined by Kay Georgi, Partner at Arent Fox and Franceska Schroeder, Principal at Fish & Richardson.
The discussion will cover:
- When are companies obligated by law to make a self-disclosure under Commerce and State?
- Mitigating potential damages: pros and cons of making a self-disclosure under ITAR and EAR
- Risks of voluntary disclosure: the potential for slowed license approvals
- How to balance the time needed to make a thorough internal investigation into the situation, and disclosing in a timely manner
- How much time are companies allowed between making an initial disclosure and providing a more comprehensive disclosure?
- What information is actually required in a self-disclosure under the different agencies?
- Risks of providing inaccurate information