Greg was an engineer before he was an attorney, a background that prompts clients from the U.S. and abroad to seek his counsel for their intellectual property needs. Greg’s specialties include materials science, electronic devices, and computer-implemented concepts. More than 575 patents bear his name as Applicant’s attorney.
As a Partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group, Greg assists clients’ technical and business staff in acquiring patents, developing patent strategy, prosecuting infringement, and defending patents when rights are disputed. He also helps companies that are merging or acquiring assets evaluate portfolios and modify them if necessary.
Greg closely follows legislative and judicial developments to advise clients on protecting innovations. And he assists foreign companies seeking to protect their intellectual property rights in the U.S.
Greg’s patent law experience covers a diverse range of technologies, including metallurgy, materials processing, inorganic chemistry, electronic packaging, aerospace, ammunition, and defense. He has represented clients in patent reexamination and reissue proceedings and has experience with the International Trade Commission (ITC) proceedings, export regulations, and foreign patent practice, including oppositions and invalidation proceedings.
Before joining Wiggin and Dana, Greg served as in-house counsel to Olin Corporation, with responsibilities for the Brass, Winchester, Aerospace, and Defense Groups. Prior to Olin, he was a research and development engineer for Semi-Alloys Inc. of Mt. Vernon, New York, specializing in metallurgy and electronic packaging.
Greg writes and speaks frequently. His paper "Patent Harmonization and the Wire and Cable Industry" received the Wire Association International’s Horace Pops Medal. He is also a long-serving member of the New Haven Manufacturers Association Board of Directors.
He received his law degree from New York Law School and a degree in Materials Science and Engineering from Cornell University.
- New York Law School (J.D., 1983)
- Cornell University (B.S., 1977)
- New York
- New York Supreme Courts, Appellate Division, 1st Department
- Registered to practice before US Patent and Trademark Office
- US District Court (District of Connecticut)
- Wire Association International's Horace Pops Medal for "Patent Harmonization and the Wire and Cable Industry"
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law Section
- Forum on Air and Space Law
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Connecticut Intellectual Property Law Association
- New Haven Manufacturers Association
- Board of Directors