For decades, Wiggin and Dana's Home Health Care and Hospice Practice Group has guided clients on business, operational, regulatory, reimbursement, and compliance issues. We serve as counsel to the Connecticut Association for Home Care and Hospice (CAHCH) and LeadingAge Connecticut and are involved in the development of legislation, regulations, and policy initiatives affecting providers of services to the elderly. We therefore have a practical understanding of the policy and regulatory issues that affect home health care and hospice providers.
In particular, we have tremendous success defending home health care and hospice clients embroiled in Connecticut Medicaid audits and state and federal surveys. Our deep bench of experience in the industry and our knowledge of how these clients operate clinically and administratively, have made us highly effective advocates in regulatory proceedings.
Moreover, as counsel to a variety of home health care and hospice providers, ranging from companies with operations nationwide to not-for-profit visiting nurse associations, we provide a full range of services on business, corporate, finance, sales and mergers, taxation, labor and employment, employee benefits, and litigation matters, including
- Development of home health care and hospice agencies, including licensure and Medicare/Medicaid certification
- Representation of home health care and hospice providers in Medicare and state licensure surveys, including informal dispute resolution and CMS appeals
- Patient care and risk-management issues
- Medicare and Medicaid billing and reimbursement
- Government audits and investigations
- Regulatory matters
- Compliance and internal investigations
- Health information technology
- Labor, employment, and employee benefits
- Tax matters, including laws relating to tax-exempt organizations
- Corporate structure and governance
- Implementation of integration strategies, including affiliations, networks, joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions