Jody is Counsel in Wiggin and Dana's Health Care Department, where she advises a wide range of health care organizations such as hospitals, long-term-care providers, dental practices, behavioral health clinics, individual practitioners, and information technology companies. She advises on a broad range of issues, including compliance, fraud and abuse, False Claims Act, HIPAA, patient care, regulatory, and corporate matters.
Jody relies on her broad range of knowledge to provide clients with the best possible support. Her experience includes assisting providers with state and federal survey issues, including handling compliance and informal dispute resolution meetings and appealing deficiencies with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; managing Medicaid audits; and responding to governmental subpoenas. She assists clients in developing and evaluating corporate compliance programs, HIPAA policies, and managing compliance issues, including conducting internal investigations, submitting self-disclosures, and negotiating with government authorities.
Jody is actively involved in the health law community. She is a member of the American Health Lawyer's Association (AHLA), the Connecticut Health Lawyer's Association, the American Bar Association (ABA) Health Law section, the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), and the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA). She is the AHLA Vice Chair for the Health Information Technology Practice Group's Digital Health Records Affinity Group and is on the editorial board of the AHLA's Federal Healthcare Laws & Regulations. Jody formerly served on the ABA Health Law Section's taskforce on HITECH and in the AHLA's Leadership Development Program and is an adjunct professor at Quinnipiac University School of Law.
Jody received her J.D. with honors from the University of Connecticut School of Law, where she was an Associate Editor of the Connecticut Journal of International Law, a Dean's Scholar, and the recipient of several CALI awards. Jody won first place in the school's annual Hastie Moot Court Competition for best brief.
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- with honors
- Yeshiva University (B.A., 2003)
- summa cum laude
- New York
Memberships and Affiliations
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- The American Health Lawyer's Association
- American Health Lawyer's Association Leadership Development Program for the Health Information and Technology Practice Group, Participant (2016-2017)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Vice Chair, HIT - Electronic Health Records Affinity Group
- The Connecticut Health Lawyer's Association
- The American Bar Association Health Law Section
- The Health Care Compliance Association