Corporate Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Advised Hudson Technologies, Inc. in its $220 million acquisition of Airgas-Refrigerants, Inc. ("ARI"), a subsidiary of Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company and leading U.S. supplier of industrial gases.
- Represented Probi AB (publ), a Swedish publicly traded bioengineering company that develops probiotics, in Probi’s $105MM acquisition of the assets and operations of TNTGamble, Inc. d/b/a Nutraceutix, a Washington State-based manufacturer and supplier of probiotics.
- Representing Anticimex International AB, a leading global pest control company based in Stockholm, Sweden, in connection with its entry and continued expansion into the United States pest control market. Since mid-2016, Anticimex has completed approximately twenty acquisitions in the United States, including platform-company acquisitions of Viking Termite & Pest Control in New Jersey, American Pest Management in Maryland, Modern Pest Control in Maine, Turner Pest Control in Florida, and Killingsworth Environmental of North Carolina, as well as numerous add-on acquisitions of smaller pest control companies. Anticimex is controlled by Swedish private equity group EQT.
- Represented Galecto Biotech AB, a Swedish company, in an agreement with Bristol-Meyers Squibb Company where Bristol-Meyers obtained an exclusive option to purchase Galecto Biotech and gain worldwide rights to its lead compound, TD139, a novel inhaled inhibitor of galectin-3 in Phase 1 development for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Payments could reach a total of $444 million if the option is exercised and all clinical and regulatory milestones are achieved.
- Represented HAL Investments B.V. portfolio company AudioNova International B.V., though its AudioNova Direct business line, in its structured acquisition of SC Industries LLC, a direct to consumer retailer of hearing aids and personal sound amplification devices. AN Direct’s acquisition of SCI represents its entry into the US direct to consumer hearing aid market through the scalable platform of an established direct-to-consumer hearing aid retailer.
- Represented ViskoTeepak Holding Ab Ltd., a Finnish company, and its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary, ViskoTeepak U.S. Holdings, Inc., in the acquisition of Vista International Packaging, LLC and in the related acquisition financing with Bank of America, N.A as the lender. ViskoTeepak is a leading international manufacturer of cellulose, fibrous, and plastic casings for the food industry.
- Represented Genpact Limited (NYSE), a global leader in digitally-powered business process management and services, in several transactions including:
- its subsidiary’s acquisition of the assets and operations of CTTS, Inc., an Ohio-based outsourcing and technical services provider;
- its subsidiary’s acquisition of the assets and operations of Paragon Strategic Solutions, Inc. d/b/a Inpoint Services, a division of Aon Corporation specializing in reinsurance services;
- its acquisition of U.S.-based Triumph Engineering Corp., a provider of engineering and technical services to the aviation, energy and oil and gas industries;
- its acquisition of Jawood Business Process Solutions, L.L.C., a leading provider of business services to the healthcare payer industry;
- its acquisition of certain customer relationships in India, Europe and the United States from Birlasoft Inc.;
- its acquisition of Commonwealth Informatics, Inc., a market-leading provider of cloud-based drug safety analytics products and services;
- its acquisition of the assets and operations of Paragon Strategic Solutions, Inc. d/b/a Inpoint Services, a division of Aon Corporation specializing in reinsurance services; and
- its acquisition of LeaseDimensions, a Portland, OR-based, lease and loan servicing company with services across Business Process Management and Information Technology.
- Represented Medivir AB (NASDAQ Stockholm), a research-based pharmaceutical company with a research focus on oncology, in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets relating to the remetinostat and birinapant lead molecules from TetraLogic Pharmaceuticals Corporation.
- Represented Biovitrum AB (publ) (STO:BVT) in the acquisition of the marketed biologics Kepivance(R) (palifermin) and Stemgen(R) (ancestim) and the licensing of worldwide, exclusive rights to Kineret (R) (anakinra) for its current approved indication from Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN).
- Represented DexKo Global Inc., a portfolio company of KPS Capital Partners, in transactions including:
- its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Kodiak Products Co., Inc., a manufacturer of disc brakes and related components, parts, and accessories headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas; and
- its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Henderson Wheel & Trailer Supply, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of trailer axles, parts, and accessories headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Corporate Divestitures and Spin-Offs
- Represented Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE), an innovative student financial services firm founded in New Haven, Connecticut, in the sale of its OneAccount Student Checking and Refund Management Disbursement Services businesses to Customers Bank, a subsidiary of Customers Bancorp, Inc. We also represented the company in the sale of its Campus Labs data analytics business to an affiliate of Leeds Equity Partners.
- Represented Olink AB, a Swedish company which provides innovative products and services for protein biomarker research and development through its ProSeek Multiplex technology, in connection with Olink’s sale of its DuoLink® Technology product line to Sigma-Aldrich International GmbH.
- Represented Cormorant Pharmaceuticals AB, a Swedish pharmaceuticals company, in its sale to Bristol-Myers Squibb, in which Bristol-Myers acquired all of Cormorant’s outstanding capital stock and obtained full rights to Cormorant’s lead antibody candidate, HuMax-IL8 (a Phase 1/2 monoclonal antibody targeted against interleukin-8).
- Represented SJ Levinson & Sons in the sale of their broker-dealer business specializing in transaction analysis and automated execution services in the U.S. equity markets to Plia Systems, Inc.
- Represented HHA Services, Inc., a multi-generation family business based in Michigan, in its sale to ABM Industries Incorporated (NYSE). HHA is a leading provider of food and facility management services to hospitals, healthcare systems, long-term care facilities and retirement communities.
- Represented Trans-Lite, Inc., a multi-generation family business based in Connecticut, in the sale of its business to the US subsidiary of Finland-based Teknoware Oy. Trans-Lite is a supplier of lighting systems for the rail industry.