With decades of experience navigating the complexities of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, Wiggin and Dana's health care attorneys represent clients across the health care industry on a variety of reimbursement matters. We counsel hospitals, academic medical centers, nursing homes, home health care agencies, hospices, physicians, psychiatric and rehabilitation facilities, clinical laboratories, pharmacies, dialysis providers, imaging companies and other health care clients on all aspects of reimbursement, ranging from
- reimbursement considerations involved in business planning, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and finance
- policy, legislative and regulatory issues involving Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement
- technical billing, coding and reimbursement rules
- compliance, fraud and abuse, false claims and government audits and civil, criminal and administrative investigations relating to billing and reimbursement
- dispute resolution and litigation involving reimbursement issues before state and federal contractors, regulatory agencies and courts
As counsel to several national, regional and state trade associations, Wiggin and Dana's health care attorneys are involved in framing reimbursement policy, developing legislative initiatives and negotiating regulations governing Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement. From this perspective, we provide helpful insights for health care providers, businesses and investors on the legislative and regulatory environment that affects how providers are paid for items and services provided to Medicare and Medicaid programs.