Representative Acquisition and Divestiture Transactions
The following is a list of representative acquisitions and divestitures in which our attorneys have acted as lead counsel to large publicly-traded and privately held companies. These transactions, in industries as diverse as biotechnology, information technology, utilities, manufacturing, transportation, medical devices and health care services, have an aggregate value of several billion dollars. To view a printable PDF, please click here.
Corporate Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Represented Hudson Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition of Airgas-Refrigerants, Inc. ("ARI"), a subsidiary of Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company and leading U.S. supplier of industrial gases.
- Represented Probi AB (publ), a Swedish publicly traded bioengineering company that develops probiotics, in Probi’s acquisition of the assets and operations of TNTGamble, Inc. d/b/a Nutraceutix, a Washington State-based manufacturer and supplier of probiotics.
- Represented DMG Media, the consumer media company of Daily Mail and General Trust plc (LSE), in connection with its acquisition of Elite Daily, Inc.
- Represented Harman International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE), a leader in the premium audio and infotainment industry, in its acquisition of I.P.S.G. International Product Group Pty. Ltd. and VFX Systems Pty Ltd., manufacturers and distributors of audio equipment based in Melbourne, Australia.
- Represented Starbreeze AB (NASDAQ OMX), a Swedish-based creator, publisher and distributor of computer and video games, in its acquisition by merger of Geminose, Inc., an independent studio based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Representing Anticimex International AB, a leading global pest control company based in Stockholm, Sweden, in connection with its entry and continued expansion into the United States pest control market. Since mid-2016, Anticimex has completed approximately twenty acquisitions in the United States, including platform-company acquisitions of Viking Termite & Pest Control in New Jersey, American Pest Management in Maryland, Modern Pest Control in Maine, Turner Pest Control in Florida, and Killingsworth Environmental of North Carolina, as well as numerous add-on acquisitions of smaller pest control companies. Anticimex is a portfolio company of Swedish private equity group EQT.
- Represented Lesjöfors AB, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Beijer Alma AB (NASDAQ OMX), and its U.S.-based subsidiary Lesjöfors Springs America, Inc., in the acquisition of the North American power spring business of Sandvik, Inc.
- Represented Gyros AB, a Sweden-based pioneer in automated nanoliter-scale immunoassays, in connection with the acquisition of Protein Technologies, Inc., a U.S.-based leading provider of peptide synthesis instrumentation and reagents, creating Gyros Protein Technologies AB.
- Represented BeoCare Group, Inc., a portfolio company of Luxembourg-based private equity firm Leeward Ventures, in its acquisition of the specialty medical textile business of Shelby Elastics of North Carolina.
- Represented AudioNova International B.V., though its AN Direct business line, in its structured acquisition of SC Industries LLC, a direct to consumer retailer of hearing aids and personal sound amplification devices. AN Direct’s acquisition of SCI represents its entry into the US direct to consumer hearing aid market. AN Direct is a portfolio company of HAL Investments, B.V., a private equity firm based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Represented ViskoTeepak Holding Ab Ltd., a Finnish company, and its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary, in the acquisition of Vista International Packaging, LLC and in the related acquisition financing with Bank of America, N.A as the lender. ViskoTeepak is a leading international manufacturer of cellulose, fibrous, and plastic casings for the food industry.
- Represented Higher One, Inc., a leading provider of cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions, in an acquisition of a payment services division of Sallie Mae, Inc.
- Represented Assa Abloy AB (OMX) in its acquisition of Alarm Controls Corporation, a manufacturer of security products and Frameworks Manufacturing Inc., a manufacturer of aluminum doors and window frames.
- Represented Genpact Limited (NYSE), a global leader in digitally-powered business process management and services, in several transactions including:
- its acquisition of the assets and operations of CTTS, Inc., an Ohio-based outsourcing and technical services provider;
- its acquisition of the assets and operations of Paragon Strategic Solutions, Inc. d/b/a Inpoint Services, a division of Aon Corporation specializing in reinsurance services;
- its acquisition of U.S.-based Triumph Engineering Corp., a provider of engineering and technical services to the aviation, energy and oil and gas industries;
- its acquisition of Jawood Business Process Solutions, L.L.C., a leading provider of business services to the healthcare payer industry;
- its acquisition of certain customer relationships in India, Europe and the United States from Birlasoft Inc.;
- its acquisition of Commonwealth Informatics, Inc., a market-leading provider of cloud-based drug safety analytics products and services; and
- its acquisition of LeaseDimensions, a Portland, OR-based, lease and loan servicing company with services across Business Process Management and Information Technology.
- Represented Medivir AB (NASDAQ Stockholm), a research-based pharmaceutical company with a research focus on oncology, in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets relating to the remetinostat and birinapant lead molecules from TetraLogic Pharmaceuticals Corporation.
- Represented Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB (publ) (STO:BVT) in the acquisition of the marketed biologics Kepivance(R) (palifermin) and Stemgen(R) (ancestim) and the licensing of worldwide, exclusive rights to Kineret (R) (anakinra) for its current approved indication from Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN).
- Represented DexKo Global Inc., a portfolio company of KPS Capital Partners, in transactions including:
- its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Kodiak Products Co., Inc., a manufacturer of disc brakes and related components, parts, and accessories headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas; and
- its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Henderson Wheel & Trailer Supply, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of trailer axles, parts, and accessories headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- its acquisition of the Hercules Cold Storage Doors product line from an affiliate of Kingspan plc. Chase Industries, a Senneca company, is a leading provider of cold storage doors products.
Corporate Divestitures and Spin-Offs
- Represented Breakthrough Technology Group (“BTG”), a New Jersey-based cloud services company in its sale of an approximately 70% equity interest to an affiliate of ABRY Partners, a Boston-based private equity group.
- Represented Wentworth Laboratories, Inc., a global supplier of probe cards and wafer probing products for the semiconductor test industry, in the sale of its SaberProbe-based vertical probe card assets and related intellectual property to WinWay Technology Co., Ltd.
- Represented Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE), an innovative student financial services firm founded in New Haven, Connecticut, in the sale of its OneAccount Student Checking and Refund Management Disbursement Services businesses to Customers Bank, a subsidiary of Customers Bancorp, Inc. We also represented the company in the sale of its Campus Labs data analytics business to an affiliate of Leeds Equity Partners.
- Represented Olink AB, a Swedish company which provides innovative products and services for protein biomarker research and development, in connection with Olink’s sale of its DuoLink® Technology product line to Sigma-Aldrich International GmbH.
- Represented CAS Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ), a leading developer of innovative, non-invasive vital signs monitoring technologies and products that deliver accurate, reliable patient data, in several transactions including:
- sale of its neonatal intensive care disposables product line to Trinity Medical Devices Inc.;
- sale of its 740 SELECT Vital Signs Monitor product line to ZOE Medical, Inc.; and
- sale of its non-invasive blood pressure measurement medical products line to SunTech Medical, an affiliate of HALMA plc.
- Represented Wendon Company, Inc., a Connecticut-based manufacturer and supplier of ruggedized enclosures, fabricated parts, precision machining and mini tools to both the commercial and military markets, in Wendon’s sale to Princetel, Inc. of its business line related to the development, manufacturing and sale of custom slip ring assemblies.
- Represented iDevices, LLC, a leader in IoT home product and app development, in connection with its merger with an affiliate of Hubbell Incorporated (Delaware), a manufacturer of electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications.
- Represented Highway Toll Administration, LLC in connection with the sale of its business to American Traffic Solutions, a portfolio company of Platinum Equity Partners.
- Represented Cormorant Pharmaceuticals AB, a Swedish pharmaceuticals company, in its sale to Bristol-Myers Squibb, in which Bristol-Myers acquired all of Cormorant’s outstanding capital stock and obtained full rights to Cormorant’s lead antibody candidate, HuMax-IL8 (a Phase 1/2 monoclonal antibody targeted against interleukin-8).
- Represented Galecto Biotech AB, a Swedish company, in an agreement with Bristol-Meyers Squibb Company where Bristol-Meyers obtained an exclusive option to purchase Galecto Biotech and gain worldwide rights to its lead compound, TD139, a novel inhaled inhibitor of galectin-3 in Phase 1 development for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
- Represented Laurane Medical, its principals and certain of its affiliates in a series of key strategic transactions, including Laurane Medical’s sale of its manually-driven bone biopsy devices and related kits to Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
- Represented SurgiQuest, a company that develops, manufactures and markets innovative access technologies for minimally invasive surgery, in the sale of SurgiQuest by merger into a subsidiary of ConMed Corporation.
- Represented AxioMx, Inc. in connection with the sale of its business to Abcam plc, a publicly traded UK company.
- Represented Northeast Radiology of Connecticut, LLC and its affiliates in connection with the sale of its technical radiology business to Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc.
- Represented Muscle Maker Franchising, LLC, the franchisor of Muscle Maker Grill restaurants which has approximately 55 locations in 11 states throughout the United States, in connection with the sale of its business to Muscle Maker Brands, LLC, an affiliate subsidiary of Muscle Maker, Inc.
- Represented SJ Levinson & Sons in the sale of their broker-dealer business specializing in transaction analysis and automated execution services in the U.S. equity markets to Plia Systems, Inc.
- Represented Tri-Town Precision Plastics, Inc., a provider of custom injection molding services, in the sale of its business to a subsidiary of Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ).
- Represented IGI Corp., a leading supplier of coatings for the graphic arts and security industries, in connection with its sale to Nekoosa Coated Products, a portfolio company of Wingate Partners.
- Represented HistoRx, Inc., a developer of diagnostic testing to improve physicians’ ability to optimize patient outcomes, in its sale by merger to Genoptix, Inc., a subsidiary of Novartis (NYSE).
- Represented Leslie’s Jewelry MFG Corp, a manufacturer of gold jewelry, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Quality Gold, Inc.
- Represented AboveNet, Inc. (NYSE), a provider of high-band width connectivity solutions, in connection with its sale to Zayo Group, LLC.
- Represented CT Gardens, Inc., a Connecticut home and garden retail chain operating under the myAgway brand, in the sale of substantially all of its assets and operations to affiliates of CapitalSouth.
- Represented Premacure Holding AB in its sale to Shire plc. Premacure AB is developing a protein replacement therapy for the prevention of retinopathy of prematurity (ROP), a rare and potentially blinding disorder that inflicts primarily premature infants. Shire purchased Premacure AB for an upfront payment and certain contingent payments based on the achievement of pre-specified development and commercial milestones.
- Represented HHA Services, Inc., a multi-generation family business based in Michigan, in its sale to ABM Industries Incorporated (NYSE). HHA is a leading provider of food and facility management services to hospitals, healthcare systems, long-term care facilities and retirement communities.
- Represented Trans-Lite, Inc., a multi-generation family business based in Connecticut, in the sale of its business to the US subsidiary of Finland-based Teknoware Oy. Trans-Lite is a supplier of lighting systems for the rail industry.
- Represented The Hour Publishing Company in the sale to Hearst of its newspaper and media assets related to the operation of The Hour daily newspaper and the Wilton Villager and The Stamford Times weekly newspapers.
Our attorneys handled all aspects of these transactions on behalf of our clients, providing initial advice on structuring each transaction, negotiating each transaction, and providing antitrust, intellectual property, securities, tax, labor and employment and other advice.