Michael is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation Department, where he focuses on commercial, probate, construction, and maritime litigation.
He has prosecuted and defended cases in the federal, state, and appellate courts of New York and Connecticut, as well as numerous Surrogate’s Court proceedings. He has also represented clients in domestic and international arbitrations, including proceedings before the American Arbitration Association and the International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
Michael’s litigation and arbitration experience includes the preparation and trial of warranty claims and ship repair disputes. He has argued before New York's appellate courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. He is a member of the New York State, New York City, and Dutchess County Bar Associations.
Michael received his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law. He graduated Pi Sigma Alpha and Theta Alpha Kappa in political science and religious studies from the College of the Holy Cross. He was a Fulbright Scholar in Sri Lanka and is conversational in Sinhala.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- College of The Holy Cross
- Pi Sigma Alpha and Theta Alpha Kappa
- District of Columbia (Inactive)
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US District Court (District of Connecticut)
- US District Court (Eastern District of New York)
- US District Court (Southern District of New York)
Memberships and Affiliations
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Trusts and Estates Law Section