- Represented Affibody AB in its collaboration and license agreement with Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to co-develop ABY-039 for rare Immunoglobulin G (IgG)-mediated autoimmune diseases. Currently in Phase 1 development, ABY-039 is a bivalent antibody-mimetic that targets the neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn). ABY-039 has been specifically designed to combine Affibody’s proprietary protein therapeutics platforms to achieve a long half-life, which, along with its small size provides the potential for less frequent, convenient, at-home subcutaneous administration. Under the terms of the agreement, Affibody is eligible to receive up to $650 million in upfront payments, and development and sales milestones, and tiered low double-digit royalties. Affibody retained the rights to lead clinical development of ABY-039 in an undisclosed indication and has the option to co-promote ABY-039 in the United States.
- Represented Olink Proteomics Holding AB in the sale of Olink Proteomics to Summa Equity, a Swedish-based private equity firm that focuses on investments in companies that help solve global challenges. Olink Proteomics is a life science company that has developed a unique technology for human biomarker discovery. Olink’s purpose is to enable precision medicine through proteomics, thereby contributing to advancing healthcare worldwide.
- Represented Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB in its exclusive license and acquisition of global rights for emapalumab from Novimmune SA. Emapalumab is a late stage orphan drug candidate that addresses a high unmet medical need in primary haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis, a rare and life-threatening syndrome of extreme immune activation. Under the terms of the agreement, SOBI made an upfront payment of 50 million Swiss francs and will make additional milestone payments of 400 million Swiss francs.
- Reprensesnted Aptar Pharma (part of AptarGroup, Inc.) in its collaboration with Propeller Health to launch a comprehensive platform to develop digital medicines for multiple therapeutic areas and diseases.
- Represented BioInvent International AB in its collaboration and license agreement with Pfizer Inc. to undertake a research collaboration to discover and develop novel immuno-regulatory antibodies to treat cancer. BioInvent will apply its unbiased translational drug discovery platform (“F.I.R.S.T.”) to identify novel oncology targets and therapeutic antibodies targeting tumor-associated myeloid cells. BioInvent received approximately $10 million in early payments, including an upfront payment, early research funding and an equity investment. Assuming five antibodies are developed through to commercialization, BioInvent would be eligible for potential future development milestone payments of more than $0.5 billion through the term of the deal, as well as double digit royalties on sales of products that result from the collaboration.
- Represented Probi AB, a Swedish publicly traded bioengineering company that develops probiotics, in Probi’s $105MM acquisition of the assets and operations of TNTGamble, Inc. d/b/a Nutraceutix, a Washington State-based manufacturer and supplier of probiotics.
- Represented Diaprost AB in its exclusive research and option agreement with a leading pharmaceutical company under which its partner will have exclusive rights to further develop a therapy against prostate cancer based on h11B6, the lead candidate in Diaprost’s kallikrein-related peptidase 2 (hK2) antibody program, with an option to acquire the asset. Under the terms of the agreement, Diaprost will receive an upfront payment, research funding and potential development milestone payments.
- Represented Premacure Holding AB in the sale to Shire plc (LSE) of Premacure AB, a company that is developing a protein replacement therapy for the prevention of retinopathy of prematurity (ROP), a rare and potentially blinding disorder that inflicts primarily premature infants. Shire purchased Premacure AB for an upfront payment and certain contingent payments based on the achievement of pre-specified development and commercial milestones.