Sharyn is Counsel in the Business Department at Wiggin and Dana. Her practice focuses on business litigation matters, involving all aspects of bankruptcy, insolvency, receiverships, complex collections, and commercial real estate foreclosures, loan restructurings, and workouts.
She frequently represents nursing home operators, secured and unsecured creditors, landlords, and purchasers in receiverships, bankruptcies, and the out-of-court resolution of business disputes. She advises hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care providers in commercial collections, bankruptcy, and insolvency matters. Sharyn assists creditors seeking to collect commercial debts and enforce out-of-state judgments. She also represents buyers of distressed assets and businesses in acquisitions from bankruptcies and receiverships and advises boards of directors on fiduciary responsibilities with respect to insolvency and bankruptcy planning as well as corporate wind downs and dissolutions.
Sharyn served as Debtor's Connecticut Counsel and Special Counsel in the bankruptcy of a chain of twenty-four nursing homes located in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. She successfully represented a New York bank in two Connecticut nursing home receiverships in which the bank was paid in full.
Before joining Wiggin and Dana, Sharyn was a litigation partner in the Florida law firm of Shackleford, Farrior, Stallings & Evans, P.A., where her practice focused on business litigation and bankruptcy.
She received her J.D. from the University of Chicago and her B.S. with distinction in economics from Cornell University.
She previously served as the founding Editor of The Quarterly Report—the newsletter of the Business Law Section of the Florida Bar. She has lectured and written extensively about bankruptcy, insolvency, and the litigation of business disputes. She is a founding co-chair of the Connecticut Network of The International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC). She was formerly the Secretary to and a Master in the Ferguson-White Chapter of the American Inns of Court.
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 1981)
- Cornell University (B.S., 1977)
- With Distinction, Phi Kappa Phi, Omicron Nu.
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- US District Court (District of Connecticut)
- US District Court (Middle District of Florida)
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Certified Bankruptcy Mediator
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Executive Committee member, Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Founding Co-Chair and member of the Connecticut Chapter
- Turnaround Management Association, Connecticut Chapter