Accelerate Your Business - Navigating Your Onboarding Process: Employment Law Basics for the Early Stage Company
CURE Innovation Commons - Groton, CT
Wiggin and Dana partner, Mary Gambardella, will give a presentation called "Navigating Your Onboarding Process: Employment Law Basics for the Early Stage Company." This event will focus on the increasingly complicated hiring process which has become laden with potential legal pitfalls, particularly for small start-ups without in-house employee relations assistance.
This presentation will address the following important topics relating to your early stage business:
* Applications: What you can and cannot ask
* Restrictions on and requirements regarding background checks
* Screening applications and common pitfalls of the interview process
* The importance of documentation reflecting the process
* Offer letters and onboarding agreements; and
* Fundamental handbook policies.
"Accelerate Your Business" is a new series of events at CURE Innovation Commons to offer business know-how and connectivity to individuals who are interested in learning or starting and growing an enterprise. This service is provided to the CT ecosystem through the TRIP collaborative and CURE.
To see the full flyer, click on the printable PDF link on the bottom of this page.