Connecticut Bar Foundation Fellows Roundtable: Women in the Legal Profession: "Some Cause for Optimism?"
Wiggin and Dana Partner Erika Amarante and Cynthia Carr, Deputy General Counsel of Yale University, will lead a discussion on "Women in the Legal Profession: ‘Some Cause for Optimism?'" Participation is limited to 30 CBF Fellows.
This lively discussion will address questions, such as:
- Should we be concerned about the persistent presence of gender inequity?
- What prevents women achieving parity in leadership positions?
- Why do women still lag behind men in compensation?
- Is there a higher rate of attrition among women lawyers?
- Does the current structure of law firms impact the advancement of women?
Wiggin and Dana Partner William Prout and the Honorable Jonathan E. Silbert are the regional co-hosts for this roundtable.