IPBC Global 2018 Conference
Wiggin and Dana Partners, Joe Casino and Michael Kasdan, will be attending the IPBC Global 2018 Conference in San Francisco, CA from June 10, 2018 to June 12, 2018.
Building on the convergence challenge theme addressed in Ottawa in June 2017, the 2018 programme features innovative, new session formats specifically designed to encourage delegate interaction with members of the speaking faculty and to facilitate discussion around critical topics.
As ever, IPBC Global's unrivalled network of senior IP business leaders will ensure a speaking faculty unmatched by any other IP event. Panellists will be tasked with sharing key strategic knowledge points and experience of cutting-edge value creation issues, as well as offering deep insights into how corporate executives can most effectively tackle the challenges posed by today's constantly changing IP landscape. Attendees will enjoy a range of keynote addresses, topical debates, deep-dive industry focuses, scenarios, masterclasses and boot camps, including the following:
- CIPO scenarios: Corporate IP leaders discuss how to handle the kind of business-critical challenges that land on the desk of the 21st century chief IP officer.
- Win-win deal making: Explore how collaborative licensing programmes are changing, what's on offer and how to get the best deal.
- The Patent Trial and Appeal Board: Understand the ways in which patent owners can be successful before the "death squads" of the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Debates: Is the United States still the beating heart of the global IP market? Are antitrust laws and regulations getting in the way of standard-essential patent licensing? Is patent quality a distraction, when all that really matters is eligibility?
- Masterclasses: The dos and don'ts of IP transactions in China; and successful partnering with universities and other research institutions.
- Big data: The best ways to use data to maximise the effectiveness of IP value creation strategies.
- Meet the buyers: Who is buying patents, what are they looking for and how do they buy?
- Industry focus: Review the IP landscape, the challenges and the trends in the semiconductor and artificial intelligence spaces.
For more information about the event, please click here.