Wiggin and Dana's diverse international practice includes the representation of Israeli aerospace, financial services and technology companies, medical device and equipment manufacturers, private investors and family offices. Our practice also includes representing U.S. and European based defense contractors, publicly-owned and privately held companies as well as individuals with complex, strategic business interests in Israel.
Our Israeli clients repeatedly turn to our firm for both legal guidance and business strategy regarding U.S. laws and regulations with extraterritorial compliance and legal implications. Our attorneys regularly collaborate and confer with Israeli lawyers and local intellectual property firms to protect the various interests of our Israeli clients while facilitating their U.S. growth and investment interests. Recent matters in Israel include:
- The impact of U.S. sanctions and technology transfer laws on corporate transactions involving Israel-based investors and defense industry companies;
- Evaluation, negotiation and completion of various real estate transactions, including a multi-million dollar commercial lease in New York for the U.S. offices of major financial institution;
- Recruitment of senior executives for the U.S. operation of an Israel-based company who were otherwise bound by non-compete and non-solicitation agreements;
- Disputes between Israeli investors and the U.S. based, former managing member of an LLC with a substantial ownership interest in a mixed-use real estate (commercial and residential) development located in New York City;
- Procurement of intellectual property rights in the U.S. including the prosecution of trademark applications and patent applications involving animal sciences, computer systems, data storage, medical devices, optics, pharmaceuticals, robotics and semiconductor device packaging, as well as patents for designs;
- Enforcement of judgments obtained in an Israeli court against a U.S. citizen resident in New York;
- Applicability of inconsistent Israeli and U.S. wills and competing claims concerning the ownership of residential real estate in Israel;
- Formation, structure, governance and/or financing (at various stages) of business entities including an e-commerce company and a U.S.-based accelerator focused on early stage Israeli companies seeking to market and sell their products in the U.S., as well as the representation of the accelerator in connection with investments in the companies that participate in its programs; and
- Preferred stock investment in an Israeli content discovery platform by a large, U.K.-based media company.