Wiggin and Dana's nationally recognized Outsourcing and Technology Practice Group serves global suppliers of business process, information technology, and other outsourced services. Few outside firms can match our depth of experience or understanding of market standards—knowledge that helps clients succeed. Our business-savvy technology lawyers understand that legal advice is just one aspect of helping clients to achieve their financial, operational, and strategic goals.
We handle transactions across the world, including North and South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, in every industry sector, including:
- Financial services
- Health care
- Business and technology consulting
- Biotechnology and bioinformatics
In collaboration with the firm's Privacy and Information Security Group and our clients' security professionals, we also help clients comply with privacy and data security laws, manage and mitigate security risks, and respond to incidents in a way that minimizes potential exposure, protects sensitive data, preserves business relationships, and protects reputations and goodwill.
Our Chambers-ranked transactional team helps global outsourcing and technology suppliers structure, negotiate, and document the full range of offshore and near-shore transactions, from initial pursuit through post-contract support and re-negotiation. However, we understand that effective counsel involves more than advice and drafting and must complement sales teams' efforts to build enduring, successful relationships with their customers. Our broad, transactional experience includes:
- Business Process Outsourcing. Finance and accounting, source-to-pay and procurement, call center, collections, mortgage processing, human resources, and other business functions.
- Information Technology Outsourcing. Includes robotics and automation, SAAS and cloud solutions, artificial intelligence, infrastructure management, workplace computing, network management, and help desk.
- Application Development and Maintenance. Includes software development, technical support, maintenance, production support, and other ongoing IT support services.
- Knowledge Process Outsourcing. Includes research and development, data analytics, business and technical analysis, business and market research, biotechnology informatics, medical services, and training and learning solutions.
- Business Process Re-engineering. Includes strategic assessments, Six Sigma, Lean Sigma, and other business process improvement projects.
We do our best work by forging long-term relationships, building trust and rapport with our clients' internal legal, business, and technical teams and developing an in-depth understanding of their regulatory and compliance sensitivities. We deliver efficient and responsive real-world advice across the full spectrum of supplier and developer activities, including:
- Best Practices. Creating business development and RFP response best practices linked to compliance programs.
- Process Integration. Integrating contracts forms and processes with revenue recognition policies and financial reporting requirements.
- IP Management and Protection. Establishing intellectual property protection programs with customers, employees, contractors, and partners.
- Risk Management. Reviewing risk management policies.
- Solution Development. Supporting client teams in the development of contract documents and terms for "as a service" and other service offerings.
- Offshore Strategy. Analyzing and implementing off-shore and near-shore business strategies.
- Dispute Resolution and Workouts. Resolving contractual and business disputes arising from technology-related business relationships.
- E-Business Ventures and Operations. Helping create and execute go-to-market Internet and other electronic business strategies.
- IT Governance and Regulatory Compliance. Advising on compliance with legal and regulatory requirements related to privacy, data security, intellectual property, consumer protection, and export controls.