Wiggin and Dana's nationally recognized Outsourcing and Technology Practice Group serves global suppliers of business process, information technology, and other outsourced services. Our lawyers offer savvy, practical counsel and exemplary service at reasonable cost.
Few outside firms can match our depth of experience. Fewer still focus on suppliers, helping them to win good business, manage change and meet performance and compliance obligations. We know the market, the players (including leading intermediaries) and the interplay among service offerings, contract terms, revenues, risks and margins. We understand the challenges suppliers face and help our clients' sales and delivery teams to build enduring, successful relationships with their customers.
In collaboration with the Privacy and Information Security Group and our clients' security professionals, we help clients to comply with privacy and data security laws, manage and mitigate security risks, and respond to incidents in order to minimize potential exposure while preserving business relationships, reputations and goodwill.
Our Chambers-ranked transactional team helps global suppliers structure, negotiate, and document the full range of onshore, offshore and near-shore transactions, from initial pursuit through post-contract support and re-negotiation. Our experience ranges across many industries - biotechnology, bioinformatics, consumer products, energy, foods, financial services, insurance, health care, hospitality, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications and retail, among others - and encompasses the full range of outsourced services, including:
- Business Process Outsourcing. Finance and accounting, source-to-pay and procurement, call center, collections, mortgage processing, human resources, and other business functions.
- Information Technology Outsourcing. Robotics and automation, SAAS and cloud solutions, artificial intelligence, infrastructure management, workplace computing, network management, and help desk.
- Application Development and Maintenance. Software development, technical support, maintenance, production support, and other ongoing IT support services.
- Knowledge Process Outsourcing. R&D and development, data analytics, business and technical analysis, business and market research, biotechnology informatics, medical services, and training and learning solutions.
- Business Process Re-engineering. Strategic assessments, Six Sigma, Lean Sigma, and other business process improvement projects.
We work with our clients' internal legal, business, and technical teams to understand their goals, business strategies, regulatory and compliance sensitivities. We deliver efficient, responsive advice across the full spectrum of supplier and developer activities, including:
- Best Practices. Creating best practices for business development and RFP responses, closely linked to compliance programs.
- Process Integration. Integrating contracts forms and processes with revenue recognition policies and financial reporting requirements.
- IP Management and Protection. Establishing intellectual property protection programs with customers, employees, contractors, and partners.
- Risk Management. Reviewing risk management policies.
- Solution Development. Supporting client teams in the development of contract documents and terms for novel service offerings.
- Offshore Strategy. Analyzing and implementing off-shore and near-shore business strategies.
- Dispute Resolution and Workouts. Resolving contractual and business disputes arising from technology-related business relationships.
- E-Business Ventures and Operations. Helping to create and execute go-to-market Internet and other electronic business strategies.
- IT Governance and Regulatory Compliance. Advising on compliance with legal and regulatory requirements related to privacy, data security, intellectual property, consumer protection, and export controls.