Carolyn is a Partner in Wiggin and Dana’s Private Client Services Department in the Greenwich and New York offices. Carolyn has more than 25 years of experience servicing affluent individuals, their closely held companies and family offices with a focus on international estate and tax planning.
Immediately before joining Wiggin and Dana, Carolyn was a Partner at a leading international law firm, where she was integral in all aspects of trust and estate planning and administration. Carolyn was also responsible for the creation and management of public charities and private foundations.
Previously, Carolyn was Managing Director at J.P. Morgan Private Bank in Greenwich, CT, where she was primarily a Wealth Advisor for affluent clients and family offices. She maintained a focus on the firm’s largest hedge fund principal clients and prospects, CEOs of public and private companies and international families.
Carolyn has written on various topics including trusts and estates and charitable planning.
Carolyn earned her J.D. from Georgetown University, and her B.A., summa cum laude, from Boston College.
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M., 1993)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1992)
- Boston College (B.A., 1988)
- summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2019
- BRAVA award, YWCA of Greenwich, CT, recognizing women who have excelled in their professional careers while giving back to their community, 2015
- New England and Connecticut Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2008-2013
- AV Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
Memberships and Affiliations
- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Past-Chair, International Estate Planning Committee and International Membership Committee (2015-2018)
- Vice-Chair, FATF Task Force
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Executive Committee of Estates & Probate Section, 2006-2012
- Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee, Estates & Probate Section, 2007-2011
- New York Bar Association
- Diocese of Bridgeport, CT
- Planned Giving Advisory Board Member
- YWCA of Greenwich, CT
- Board of Directors, 2015-2016
- STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
- TEP designee
- Malta House, Norwalk, CT
- Pro bono counsel and Board of Directors member, 2007-2010